Students are freshly out of high school, prepared to pursue their dream careers. This comes with the choice of institutions. Besides the general features to look into an institution, such as the compatibility of systems like the fees management software, and the availability of online education through LMS portals, they look for the quality of education the institutions are providing. Every institution does not specialize in the courses they provide. Some colleges and universities are exclusively meant for commerce backgrounds, while others are for engineering.
This year too students will make their choice mostly based on their pre-destined goals, and availability of enrolment options. Here are a few trending courses and career options that students can consider this year. These are short-term commitments that can add as an extra diploma course alongside the main course.
Diploma in digital marketing
Digital marketing is a booming industry. Anything that has a virtual platform these days, and is capable of influencing the market provided its position gives rise to a booming industry. It is also a must-have talent set for business professionals. After the pandemic, every manager and administrative unit of the firm introduced digital training programs to increase their presence and efficiency over virtual platforms.
Diploma courses for digital marketing from renowned management colleges such as IIT and IIM can help students with their commercial backgrounds.
Career opportunities for digital marketing
- Digital marketing manager in firms with the opportunity to improve brand presence. Needs at least five years of experience apart from a year of academic training.
- Social media manager for building company strategies using social media tools.
- Search engine optimizer for increasing online presence mostly through engine algorithms based on form content.
- Content marketing agent for increasing the value of products and services, and channelizing distribution across digital fields.
- Video production manager, web content developer.
Diploma in nautical science
Marine studies have gained a lot of importance in the past few years mostly due to societal innovations and globalization where students have become more aware of the diverse options even in the most boring fields of career. For example, engineering is a generic option for Indian students, but marine engineering is something new and promising, diverse, and open to students in science fields.
Students who have different career goals but a keen interest or relation to nautical science with their main course can avail this diploma course lasting for a year. Undergraduate students looking for quick options can enroll in diploma programs. the best universities for this are CTM, Dr. BR Ambedkar Institute of Technology, and Indian maritime university.
Career options in nautical science
- Radio officers in ships and submarines
- Instructor, navigation officer, or operation manager.
- Oceanographer as an independent carrier, or for other organizations.
- Ship captain
- Port operations officer with off-sea duties
Diploma in web designing
Web designing is a popular choice among artistic and innovative students. It requires a combination of skills in the IT field, with a niche for website designing. Engineering students can pursue a diploma in web designing as this short-term course can uplift their IT degree or other technical engineering degrees.
Career options in web designing
- Multimedia, applications, and game developer
- Web content and social media manager, digital manager, or database manager
- IT sales professional
- Freelance web designer
- Layout and design analyst, marketing analyst for websites
The education market has seen a sudden increase in demand from students, and also teachers because of digital involvement. Teaching has always been a career option for the most passionate. Some people might have left the teaching market because the reform requirements responding to virtual use of learning platforms might have been overwhelming, but this also led to a simultaneous joining of the younger generation into the education industry because it made creating their platform and connecting with students more spread out through the Internet.
All teachers need is now a good Internet connection and a few people to help them create a website or application of their own through which students can connect with them.
Career options with a teaching degree
- Private tutor or school tutor
- Social service workers provide free teaching options and earn only from digital incentives
- Content writer
- Language trainer
- A tour guide, historian, or local guide