So, now that you have filed or you are someone who is trying to file a workers’ compensation claim, what are the next steps to take? Do you have any idea of what happens after you file a workers’ compensation claim? there is a big difference between what should happen and what actually happens after you file a workers’ compensation claim. Whenever you start suspecting that there is something wrong going on in your workplace, it is a smart idea to speak with a workers’ compensation attorney.
You need not worry about the fees because these attorneys work on a contingency fee basis where they don’t owe you any money unless they recover compensation for you. you can start off with a free consultation and get all your answers.
What should happen after you file a workers’ compensation claim?
- Your HR department or your employer should listen to what you have gone through, keep a record of all the facts, and decide whether or not your injury is in accordance with the definition of the workers’ compensation claim.
- Based on the size of your organization, you can also share your story with a medical expert or a nurse, or respective managers at your workplace.
- Your employer should notify you about your rights and assist you in getting a medical evaluation done before you start off with your treatment.
- Once you start off with your treatment, your employer should ask you for your progress reports.
- Your employer should never demote you or fire you because of the injury you sustained while on the job.
What might happen after you file a workers’ compensation claim
- You may find your employer resisting you from filing a claim
- Your employer might set up obstacles to keep you from filing a claim
- The insurance of your employer’s workers’ compensation might try to demotivate you from obtaining a second opinion or choosing a doctor according to your choice
- Your workers’ compensation claim could be denied
- The claim could be approved but there are certain treatments recommended by doctors that could be later on denied
- You might start receiving the benefits but the insurance might suddenly stop it suddenly
Now that you don’t want the above-listed points to happen to you, it is better to arm yourself with the expertise and skills of a knowledgeable workers’ compensation lawyer. Get recommendations from friends and family and choose someone who has had enough experience in this field.