A single chipped or missing tooth is often disregarded. It is okay to feel this way because you are not alone. A single lost tooth may not seem like a huge deal now, but it can cost you hundreds of bucks to replace them, and you can save money by getting dentures.
When a tooth or teeth are absent, the remaining teeth must compensate for the gap. Because of this, you may start to favor a particular side of the mouth, resulting in premature wear on the other side’s teeth.
If you start wearing down your teeth too soon, you may need expensive dental work or more expensive dentures. If you are missing teeth, your jawbone and face could shift, giving you a sunken and aged appearance.
Partial dentures are a great option if you still have most of your natural teeth to improve your oral health and prolong the appearance of youth. You can speak to the best implant & cosmetic dentist in Huntington Beach, CA to learn more about partial dentures.
Why Should You Consider Getting Partial Dentures?
- Partial dentures utilize the support of your natural teeth to function properly. They bond to your existing teeth to close gaps, giving your teeth the support they need and halting any additional movement.
- The Jawbone at the site of a missing tooth or teeth deteriorates over time. The jaw and mouth anatomy changes can be dramatic if teeth are missing.
- The jaw gets smaller and weaker as a result of these changes. You can feel too sensitive to everyday stresses or find it difficult to eat items you used to enjoy.
- When a person is missing a tooth or teeth, the other teeth in the mouth must take on more responsibility. This can drastically reduce the lifespan of your natural teeth, increasing the likelihood of problems, including decay, chipping, and pain.
- To alleviate these problems, partial dentures offer jaw and tooth support. The forces exerted during eating and talking will be dispersed more evenly, resulting in less frequent tooth movement. Both of these have been proven to extend the life of a person’s natural teeth, saving the patient money on costly dental work down the line.
- Partial dentures help you look and feel better, which is a huge confidence boost.
- One of our best features is our smile, yet many of our patients with partial dentures report avoiding these activities and others because of their tooth loss.
- If you are missing teeth, partial dentures can restore your smile and your self-assurance (most people will not even notice you are wearing dentures).
- You can spare yourself countless bucks and a lifetime of self-doubt by getting partial dentures before you lose more teeth than you must.