Lip fillers are intended to achieve that plump, fuller look. A simple in-office surgery usually results in a speedy recovery time of just a few days. Although lip fillers downtown dc are generally safe, they should only be administered by a trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
What to expect from your lip injection session, how to get ready, and what to do afterward are all covered here.
Hyaluronic acid is the main component of most lip fillers. When injected into certain locations, hyaluronic acid helps to fill up the skin and alter the curve of the lips.
Some lip fillers include lidocaine or another numbing ingredient to alleviate discomfort further. Lip filler can have different effects depending on where your doctor makes the injections.
- Better lip contour definition
- Upper lip projection increased.
- Modifying the contour of your cupid’s bow (the two ridges in the center of your upper lip)
- Getting rid of lip wrinkles
People who do not want a permanent transformation may benefit most from lip injections. Lip filler typically lasts six to eighteen months before it loses effect.
What to expect prior to, during, and following a lip injection procedure:
Prior to the operation
- Stop taking any blood-thinning drugs, vitamins, or herbal supplements at least two hours before your injection.
- You should abstain from alcohol for at least 24 hours before your procedure to reduce the risk of excessive bruising caused by the dilation of blood vessels.
- You can lessen the likelihood of bruises by taking the herbal arnica supplement for four to five days before surgery.
During the operation
Here is how you should go about administering lip injections:
- About 20 minutes before the injection, your doctor may apply numbing lotion to your lips to reduce any discomfort.
- The next step involves getting filler injections from your specialist in various parts of your lips. The average time needed to complete the treatment is 10 minutes.
- Following this, massaging your lips for a few minutes will aid in the filler’s equal distribution.
Following the operation
There are a few things you may do to speed up the healing of your lips after surgery:
- Put ice on your lips to relieve pain and prevent swelling and bruises from excessive bleeding.
- For the next 24 hours after surgery, abstain from alcoholic beverages.
- If needed, Arnica supplements may be taken a further four to five days after the injection.
- You should not engage in strenuous activities for at least two days after obtaining filler. Bruising may occur as a result of the increased blood flow that occurs during exercise.